Gender Equality for Sophia (GES)
- Club & Sircles
GES was founded to promote gender equality at Sophia University and to create a safe and comfortable campus for all students under the motto of “taking action, not just raising awareness.”
Its current activities are:
(1) Installation of dispensers for free sanitary napkins
(2) Training on gender and sexuality
(3) Establishment of the Gender and Sexuality Center
(4) Establishment of all-gender toilets
(5) Expansion of courses related to gender and sexuality (GS)
In particular, the free sanitary napkin service OiTr was established in collaboration with the university to provide sanitary napkins free of charge.
Through these activities, it is contributing to SDGs for Goal 4 (quality education), Goal 5 (gender equality), Goal 10 (reduced inequality), and Goal 17 (partnerships for the goals). It will continue to focus on changing the environment on a project basis, not only by disseminating information but by actually seeing with its own eyes and visiting.